Information for Health Professionals
Resources have been developed by the National Allergy Strategy Food Allergy Prevention Project for health professionals with regards to food allergy prevention and optimising eczema management. These resources are available free of charge.
Health professionals can order bookmarks free of charge to give to their patients.Order Bookmarks
Additional resources that you may find useful are also listed below.
For Health Professionals
An exciting collaboration between SmartVax and the National Allergy Strategy. SMS and smartphone technology is used to assist and educate parents about food allergies in infants and identify allergic reactions to food.
The following podcasts are freely available courtesy of the RACGP WA The Good GP program:
- Episode 42 - Eczema
- Episode 43 - Food allergy prevention
Food allergy prevention
- Food allergy prevention e-training
- ASCIA guide for introduction of peanut to infants with severe eczema and/or food allergy
- ASCIA guidelines for infant feeding and allergy prevention
- NHMRC infant feeding guide for health professionals
- ASCIA infant feeding and allergy prevention clinical update
- Infant feeding and allergy prevention references
Food allergy and anaphylaxis management
- Recognition and Treatment of Anaphylaxis in Infants Information Sheet
- ASCIA Action Plans and Treatment Plans
- ASCIA guidelines for adrenaline autoinjector prescription
- Anaphylaxis resources
- Event record for allergic reactions
- Dietary avoidance information sheets
- Food allergy e-training
- Anaphylaxis e-training
- Food allergy and anaphylaxis e-training for pharmacists
For Your Patients
This website includes information for parents about food allergy prevention and optimising eczema management. However, you may find it useful to view and/or share the patient resources listed below.